Someone asked me where I bought this sweater last Saturday. And I couldn’t have been more excited to tell them that I found it at Old Navy. It’s one thing to be asked where you bought something (automatic compliment), but it’s a whole other story when you can tell them that you found it at a super affordable store. I mean, who doesn’t like sharing a good deal? In this particular case, I even went so far as to tell her which store – and on what rack! This was before I remembered that stores oftentimes switch up their floor layouts. If you’re reading this Starbucks girl – it’s on the right hand side on the third rack from the front. As of last week that is.
Christmas will have been a month ago this coming Sunday. And while I’m still donning my freshly gifted duds, I’m looking ahead to Springtime. For me personally the word itself evokes color, freshness, and cheerfulness. Which is exactly why I’m lusting after these items to welcome the warm (errr warmer) months ahead. What’s on your Spring wish list?
1. Organic by John Patrick Perforated Sweater – If stripes ever go out of style I’m in big trouble. This sweater would go great with brightly colored jeans or a skirt.
2. J.Crew Lila Patent Platform Wedges – My obsession with orange/red doesn’t appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. These are proof.
3. Madewell Meadowbloom Dress – I’ve never skipped through a meadow, but if there was one dress that would make me do it it’d be this one.
4. Will Leather Goods Small Classic Carry-All Bag – Roomy enough to tote my farmer’s market finds and cute enough for a day of shopping.
5. J.Crew Jardin Skirt – Here we go with that color again. Seriously, I can’t get enough.
6. Tory Burch Quilted Chain-Trim Wallet – Too pretty to be tucked away as a wallet – I’d use this as a clutch or mini messenger bag.
7. Williams Sonoma Fox Run Cupcake Liners – These might just be cuter than cupcakes themselves.
8. Sam Edelman for American Eagle T-Strap Sandals – For when the boots come off and the freshly manicured toes are ready to make their appearance.
9. Amanda Sterett for CUSP Beaded-line Earrings – Did someone ask me what my favorite colors are? Cause these are it.
10. Anthropologie Farmer’s Market Baskets – Though made for berries, I’d say these are perfect for storing just about anything.
How cute is my mom? Writing her love for dressed and fed – in 12 degree temps nonetheless. xoxo
Even though it was a holiday I was inexplicably melancholy this past Monday. Not even a few peppermint patties (ok maybe six) could bring me out of the doldrums. It happens to the best of us, right? I looked for subtle ways to lighten my mood and change my current state of mind. What I discovered is that it only takes a small number of people, places, or things to make my day a little brighter. With that said, I decided to create a reoccurring post that will include a brief glimpse at the current objects and happenings that bring a smile to my face – and hopefully yours!
A sign that I can’t wait to bake Valentine’s confections
Cute, colorful whisk from Anthropologie and new reading/baking material
After unseasonably high temperatures late last week had me thinking that Spring had arrived early, I was certain the weekend would follow suit. But come Saturday morning it was cool and breezy. And by late afternoon a cluster of ominous clouds hung over the city just waiting to unleash their fury on my sunny day. Luckily I was able to enjoy a pre-rain stroll sporting two of my favorites – stripes and animal prints. Though an unlikely combination, I was able to pull them together with a muted cardigan and flats. And I can always count on my Ally McGraw-esque sunglasses to put a fun, retro twist on any outfit.
With only three days away from the Golden Globes, I’m sure the stars have begun preparations for their red carpet arrivals. Last-minute workouts with their trainers, exfoliating for their spray tans, eating their last real meal before tomorrow’s lone serving of celery sticks. While I am an avid moviegoer it’s rare that I remember a single winner – let alone a nominee. I do, however, remember my favorite dresses. And the stars who stunningly displayed them. In my opinion, these gowns were worthy of an award themselves. Do you have an all-time favorite?